You can check out my Cross Stitch Blog here :D

Saturday 5 December 2009

"It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas.....

On every blog you looooooooooook"

If any of my family or friends are reading this, please look away now, as there might be a card that is on here that will be in the post to you shortly!

Every year I choose a theme/style of Christmas card that I am going to send to my family and friends.
Earlier this year I bought some waterfall cards in Christmas colours.
They were LOTS of fun to make and really easier too! So much so, I will probably have a go at make my own in the future.

I have already decided what next year's Christmas cards theme/style will be too, so I will start work on then in January, as I hope to have more time to craft and to be able to join in with more blogs and challenges!

As always, click on the images to enlarge and view in further detail.



The first four cards.



And the final 4 cards! I guess I am lucky that I don't have make 20 or 30 cards lol As I choose to only send hand made ones to close family and friends. Plus I have 8 green and 8 white waterfall cards left over for another year ;)



A close up of one of the cards.



A side view with the waterfall effect in place.



And again from a different angle.


Whilst we are on the subject of cards, here are the ones my son made for family and friends also. These were bought as kits. The funny thing is, you see the green ones? Well today we received a Christmas card from my Aunt, and it is from the same kit LOL But in red! What are the odds of that?



William's cards. He made 5 of each design, though he did mess 1 of each up as he put the stuff on upside down lol

I am going to leave it there for now, I have some other stuff to show but will post them in a new post as I don't want to clutter this post up too much!


Recipe for Waterfall Cards:

  • Kit from local store
  • Mini Christmas stamps from 2 different sets and both from different places
  • Gel pens
  • Glitter Pen
  • ProMarkers
  • Pieces of scrap card
  • Red stock paper
  • Designer paper is 'Tis the Season' by Dove Craft
  • Double sided tape
  • Gold Snowflake Outline Stickers
  • Gold Border Sticker
  • Black Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment