You can check out my Cross Stitch Blog here :D

Monday 17 August 2009

Altered Notebook

I altered this notebook before I went to Leeds to visit family last week.
It was kind of a rush job, which is why it isn't as pretty as it should be ;)
Anyways, I just kinda made it up as I went along, but I did take photographs along the way so I thought I would share it with you.
As you can see I made it to take notes in about my family tree as I have been researching it for a while now.



I used an A6 £1.49 spiral notebook from Sainsburys.



Flip to the back of the notebook and take the back cover off.



Then go to the front and take the front cover off. (You have to take the back cover off first to be able to get the front off).



Ribbon is optional.



Adhere ribbon to the inside of the front cover. I used double sided tape.



Do the same to the back cover, then hide messy part by adhering white card over the whole covers. I used a regular hole punch to punch out the holes.



Pick out your papers and adhere to the outside covers, you can also adhere to the inside covers too like I did. I used papers from the Laura Ashley Traditional collection designer pack.
Then when you are done with adhering the papers onto your covers, put the front cover on first, swivel the spiral around then put the back cover back on.













Embellish as you wish. I used the scallop border of this Fiskars shape template on another Laura Ashley Traditional sheet of paper.





I then stamped a pattern on to some card stock along with some papershapes from Papermania and wrote 'family tree notes' and inked around the edge of the panel.

As I said, it's not the prettiest of notebooks, but it serves a purpose.


Recipe:

  • A6 Spiral Notebook from Sainsburys.co.uk
  • Laura Ashley's Traditional papers from ArtyMiss.co.uk
  • Ribbon from a box of Thornton's chocolates lol
  • Floral Foam Stamp from Papermania
  • Paper shapes from Papermania
  • Whispers ink (Will look up the exact colour later) from madaboutcards.co.uk
  • Whispers Brush Marker Pens from ArtyMiss.co.uk
  • White card stock
  • Double sided tape
  • Fiskars Shapes Template from Amazon.co.uk

4 comments:

  1. I love your altered notebook! now it looks gorgeous! you did an excellent work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! This is so cool!! Love how you showed how to alter the book!! :) Love the look of your blog too!! It was so nice to visit with you!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely adoreable!!

    Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete